Business Development Manager
Full-time, Permanent Role based in Christchurch, NZ
Come join our innovative, purpose-driven startup in a role where you'll have creative freedom and flexibility, meet inspiring people, and take pride in your work's positive impact.
Komodo is the EdTech startup improving school-wide wellbeing and ensuring that students reach their full potential.
We provide software solutions to enable complete visibility of student wellbeing. Our software helps each school measure the effectiveness of their wellbeing strategies, highlight critical wellbeing issues and give every student a voice when they need it most.
We are backed by world-class investors and leaders to make a true impact on every student’s access to the wellbeing support they need.
As Business Development Manager, your role will be full of variety. As well as being close to our schools with the team, your purpose is to:
- Prospect new business leads to secure new schools, with the mission to continuously close new business
- Impact the business growth through new sales and a persistent mindset under the sales guidelines
- Developing and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders at our schools to ensure quality customer experience
- Actively participating in and assisting with achieving all company and department OKRs
- Actively work closely with the CEO to achieve the monthly sales targets
What we're looking for in our Business Development Manager
You are passionate and dedicated to ensuring customers are delivered the best experience along with solving their problems. You can lead on engaging with prospective customers at different stages through the sales cycle. You can communicate customer feedback and issues with technical and non-technical stakeholders internally. Does this sound like you? Then keep reading!
- You will be an amazing team player
- Highly driven and organised
- Impeccable communication skills
- Have a roll up your sleeves and get stuck in attitude
- Full of resilience and determination (working in the world of startups is not for the faint hearted)
- Ability to travel both internationally and domestically on a regular basis
- Ready to make a difference in the world with a company that will directly impact human lives, by enabling students to handle life issues better than ever before!
As our Business Development Manager, you'll bring:
- Minimum 2 years of enterprise sales experience, ideally in EdTech but not essential
- Experience across the entire customer sales cycle
- Experience within a startup sales environment
- Proactive and driven to connect with new potential customers regularly through various communication channels
- Understanding of customer success processes and handovers
- A self-starter with a track record of successful sales development at multiple levels within an organisation
- A numbers-driven mindset and ability to analyse sales metrics to reflect on areas for growth and development
- Confidence to present and demonstrate to audiences and key stakeholders at schools
- Understanding of software solutions and how they can revolutionise industries, ideally EdTech
- Able to communicate customer feedback for leading product improvements
- Ability to positively contribute to marketing strategies
- Work actively to up skill your learning and development to become the best you can be
What an average day could look like:
- Work alongside other sales and marketing staff to expand the company’s customer base
- Listen and respond to customer needs while using the product
- A combination of face-to-face customer contact through regular product demonstrations and school events
- Proactively prospect, qualify and close new business
- Connecting with prospective and existing customers to maintain strong relationships
- Identify opportunities to develop the market position and brand exposure
- Communicating customer feedback to key internal stakeholders in the product team for future development
- Remaining up-to-date with the latest trends on school-wide and student wellbeing strategies
- Taking responsibility for the school-wide rollout of the product that customers love
Reasons to join Komodo:
- Be a leader and shape the growth of Komodo and take your career to the next level.
- Employee Stock Option plan to own part of the company you are making a difference in.
- Ten days sick leave from day 1
- Company-wide ‘Magic Moments' and ‘High 5’s’
- Annual Wellbeing Allowance (per calendar year)
- Annual Personal Development Allowance (per calendar year)
- Regular check in’s and 1-1’s with your team lead
- ‘AMA’ Monthly Sessions (Ask Me Anything with the Co-Founders)
- Annual Remuneration reviews (per calendar year)
- A proactive approach to your personal development and growth - monthly meetings
- Tons of Flexibility: Work where you want when you want to maximize your productivity!
- Freedom and ownership of your work
- A real work life balance
- Komodo Merchandise
- A dog friendly office!
- Awesome Team Rituals
- We have lunch together every day
- Regular games of table tennis
- An awesome monthly social club
- Annual ‘Komodo’ Week
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!