Sales Development Representative
Full-time Sales role based in Christchurch, NZ
At Komodo, we’re on a mission that we’re pretty honoured to have. We work with the most inspiring schools across the globe to enable them with a wellbeing-first approach. Our ultimate aim? To ensure every school is a place in which every student thrives. We have a burning desire to help schools implement the best mental health and wellbeing practices, support every student on their journey to unlocking their true potential and give all parents the peace of mind they deserve.
With our software and wraparound services, we provide deep insight into the heartbeat of schools, enabling staff to be proactive and make the best decisions when it comes to student wellbeing. We enable schools to measure the effectiveness of their wellbeing strategies, highlight critical wellbeing issues and provide every student with a voice when they need it most.
The work we do on a daily basis, whether it be the code we write, the customer support we provide or the psychology embedded within our product, it all goes toward preventing a child from being bullied, highlighting someone in need of academic support or making a school a safer, happier place for all. This is what drives us.
About the Role
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you’ll be working as a key part of our sales team, helping us to acquire schools and start them on their wellbeing journey. Some key responsibilities are noted below;
- Outbound calls, emails and messages to prospects in in our key target markets
- Develop strategic outbound campaigns and targeted approaches to ideal customers in our preferred markets
- Qualify prospects and forward good potential leads to our BDMs to pursue (update hubspot and book the meetings as needed)
- Record prospect information in hubspot and ensure this is always up to date and passed along to the relevant BDM
A day in the life of your new role:
You arrive at the office, say hello to the office dogs - grab a coffee (or a tea!), and you get ready for your day! Next;
- You might check your emails, write a to-do list and get started!
- You will smash out a bunch of calls and emails to our target lists
- You might jump on multiple video calls to talk to potential prospects in a little more detail
- You will be filling in the sales pipeline and moving prospects around based on your conversations
- Schedule all demo calls on behalf of the sales team once you have qualified leads
- You might have some time to refine or have a closer look at our frameworks and help put your stamp on it
- Then to wind down at the end of the day, you might play some table tennis and prepare a to-do list for tomorrow to start all over again!
- With the nature of the target markets you will be working in, your days can look different pending the timezone you are working with: Some days you might start early and finish early some days (think 7am-4pm), and other days you may start late and finish later in the evening (think 11am-7pm) or you might work a bit in the morning, have a break during the afternoon and jump back online in the evening for a few hours (the ability to work flexible hours is a must but this is up to you to manage)
- You will be a go-getter, someone that isn’t afraid to pick up the phone (or virtual video) and talk to a range of prospects, you are super passionate about sales and want to grow your career with the help of a supportive team.
- You are coachable, open minded and open to feedback - but equally you are confident enough in your own ability to provide feedback to any of the team if it will help you qualify prospects or make the process more efficient.
- You have a very good understanding of the education system (and are keen to learn about different countries schooling systems)
- You love communicating and are always providing comms on time to the team when needed (either via email, huddles or in person)
- You're hard working - sales is not for the faint of heart, but you are determined to succeed and push through any loss of clients or prospects!
So, what do I need you ask?
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role (this will allow you to hit the ground running)
- Experience with hubspot is preferred (but any experience in a CRM system is beneficial to get you up and running ASAP)
- Ability to naturally build and maintain relationships with potential clients and team members (provide a customised outreach solution to different clients when required)
- A strong foundational knowledge of sales techniques and strategies
- Problem-solving is key given the nature of the role (helping schools as the first port of call)
- Self Awareness and high EQ - this is important to help navigate the qualifying stage with a potential client and reading the room
- Time management and organisational skills that put monday.com to shame
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (this is crucial, you must be able to manage your own time like a boss whilst working within a team environment)
- Flexibility and adaptability to change (we are a startup, things change - quick!)
- Ten days sick leave from day 1 (if you can't keep those pesky winter bugs away)
- Company-wide ‘Magic Moments' and ‘High 5’s’ (we love to celebrate the wins)
- Annual Wellbeing & PD Allowance - so you can put yourself first!
- Regular check in’s and 1-1’s with your team lead
- We support flexi work**
- A dog friendly office
- Team Rituals;
- Shared lunch space
- Shared wellbeing space
- Regular games of table tennis
- A monthly social club (think trampoline parks, laser tag, paint n sips, escape rooms)
- Annual ‘Komodo’ Week (a week every winter to bring the team together)
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!